Sunday, July 28, 2013

Two New Oil Paintings

A few days ago, I took the washed off canvas board from the last post and painted a much better painting on it with water mixable oils:

The Trek 5

Today I tried another, titled "There Used to Be Birds," to express my concerns about the deterioration of our environment and the loss of birds and other wildlife. What kind of empty, silent world are we leaving our grandchldren?

There Used to Be Birds

Not sure I like the green sea and may change it.

Notes on technique: I got some of the Winsor Newton Artisan brushes that were supposedly designed specifically for use with water mixable oils, and I have to admit that they work better than any of my other brushes. Today, between colors, I rinsed the paint off the brush in a bucket of water and then squeezed it dry with a paper towel. Used a lot fewer brushes that way, and the technique seemed to work fine.


1 comment:

  1. I like them both, especially the feet and limbs in the top one.
    BTW, my birds are gone. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete