Sunday, March 3, 2019

Thought I Was Getting Good at iPad Art

February 16, 2019, I taught a workshop on creating art on the iPad with the app Procreate to 22 people, who paid actual money to attend. I had thought I was getting good enough with Procreate to teach about iPad art, but today I learned about Nancy Baker Cahill and was just amazed. Look at what SHE does!!   She gives you a free app, then you go to specific places, hold up your phone to view the place, and animated art appears in the scene. It's hard to explain, so go see for yourself and     Click here

While I wish I had thought of that, I remind myself that we are each on our own artistic journey, and wherever we are on that path is fine. We're lucky to be able to pursue the journey. So I will post some recent work.

At the end of February I attended Christopher Schink's workshop in Upland on exploring different ways to use color. One Procreate drawing I did there, called "The Game," will make a good painting I think, with a few changes:





Sometimes for fun I make bird heads, based on the work of one of my favorite artists, Rufino Tamayo. In addition to using strange color combinations, I tried to create a lot of texture in my bird portraits, which I then combined into "Bird Identification."



My 3-year-old granddaughter made something on her iPad, and she said it was a "Rainbow Hedgehog," posted here just because it's so creative and cute:





1 comment:

  1. Your Grandaughter is very talented! Takes after her Grandma!
    I especially like your birds!

    ReplyDelete