Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Always Evaluate with a Mat

It's amazing how if you put a mat around something, it suddenly looks like Art. It isolates it, and lets you see it without interference. That's why it is so important to evaluate your paintings with a mat periodically as you paint, so you can see what you are creating without all your painting stuff around to distract you.


Sometimes my grandchildren paint with me. I like to mat and even frame their efforts, because it often looks quite good that way, and it makes them feel like their creation is being taken seriously. Below on is a painting done by my granddaughter when she was two. She said it was a flower.



The painting here was done when my grandson was 18 months old. I asked if it was a mountain, and he said "Unh."

No comments:

Post a Comment