Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Workshops Galore

So far in 2018 I have taken or signed up for several workshops. Besides being lots of fun, workshops tend to shake up my thinking and get me painting after a lull. The year started with Jacki Long's fun weekly collage workshop at Catalyst. See her blog at http://jackilong.blogspot.com . In Jacki's class I made an image that I put into my iPad and made into something new, to enter into the Huntington Beach Art Leagues "Selfies" show.

Journal Collage

Journal Collage

"Worry" (done on iPad with Procreate)

I decided to try a nonobjective painting, completely painted negatively. It turned out OK, and I want to try some more nonobjectives.

"No Object" (watercolor)

Went to workshop with Katherine Chang Liu and did a couple of small things, and got inspired when I got home to try to start a series.

"Arctic"
"Into the Woods"


"Imagining Mom"  (collage on watercolor)


I have spent a great deal of my life at desks, so I decided to do a series of paintings of my desks. Here's the first one:

"Wall Desk"  (watercolor and India ink)

Now looking forward to workshops with Christopher Schink, Rich Hawk, and Rise Parberry. Wow!








2 comments: