Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Trying Another One

The painting I did called "Dancing in My Red Dress" was published in a magazine and sold almost the day I painted it, so I thought I'd try another one. I used the same pouring technique with similar colors, then brought out the dancer with negative painting. It looked a little dull, and I recalled advice (from Steve Fleming) recently published in The Palette Magazine to "put in something that doesn't belong." To this warm, intense, orange, red, and turquoise painting of a dancer in a swirling dress I put in a cool, pale, violet, opaque high heel. Naturally the painting is called, "Kicking Up Your Heels." There are still some things about it that bother me, so it isn't quite done, but here it is:


And in case you can't remember the earlier one, here it is:



No comments:

Post a Comment